Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Glamour Puss? Moi??

Well dictionary.com defines a Glamour Puss as being "a person with an unusually attractive face"... What can I say, except - GUILTY AS CHARGED.

So self-flattery aside I want to tell you about some new shoes that I bought. Anyone who has been into Wanted in the last year or so would have seen that they have been carrying a shoe range called "Glamourpuss". I assumed this was a pretty cheap sort of no name brand for ages because i had never heard of it. It wasn't until I saw a pair of absolute stunners that I just had to try on that I spoke to the sales assistant and she told me that they were just the "Wanted" brand of shoe, but labelled as Glamourpuss.

Anyway, so I saw these beautiful shoes as the store was closing, and went straight back on my lunch break the next day to try them on. I was in love even before i tried them, and after fitting like a glove it was futile to resist, I had to get them.

They are definitely not a "cheap" brand, at $140, which is well within the budget for a nice pair of shoes. They are pretty comfy, but since they are patent i don't expect them to soften up very much, with a nice chunky heel but still look nice and feminine. I have been looking for a pair of shoes with a chunky heel for ages now, but all the ones i have seen are just way too chunked up and end up just looking nasty to me, i think chunks have the potential to make the shoe look a little bit tacky.

Back to the point - these heels are anything but tacky and cheap. They are made of patent leather, in a pale dusty pink colour, otherwise known as "nude". Little peep toe at the front but not so much that they would be impossible to wear with stockings. They then have a grosgrain bow at the toe with a pewter coloured medallion on the front. These are going to be a staple in my wardrobe this spring and summer, i love beige or nude shoes as they just go with pretty much all of my summer dresses, of any colour!

Here is a pic from the website, I will take some photos of the real deal this weekend!


They also look fantastic in the black, and have a very different look and effect in the black as well. I'm very tempted to go back and get the black as well, but will wait until after I road test them this weekend to see how they hold up. I'm hoping a chunkier heel means less pressure on the soles of the feet on a whole and my feet won't get sore as quickly, and i'll be able to frolick all night long!

Oh and if you are wondering the style name is "Shira", by Glamourpuss, and they come in nude, black, and a deep dark red patent leather. Priced at $139.95, and available from Wanted Shoe stores.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very pretty :) i like the black ones too